Finding a Charge Point
For finding the location of an electric or hydrogen charge/refuel point, Zap-Map is a website covering all aspects of charging points and electric vehicles. Built around the UK-wide charging point map, the site provides up-to-date information on the charge point activity and connector type, as well as whether a point is operational or out of service. You can find the site here, in addition to downloading the app from Android Google Play or the Apple App Store.
Accessing a Charge Point
When it comes to charging an electric vehicle and the charge point is not installed as part of the user’s home, depending on the Payment and Management Solutions, the charge point could be free to use (Which a number are) or require a payment for the charge. If payment is needed there are two ways to go about this:
- Utilise a RFID card/fob option that requires an app for funds to be added and takes money off as used.
- Most devices have a contactless payment/chip and pin option so users can pay on the spot with credit or debit cards.
- Some systems operated by either coins (currency) or unique tokens as payment.
- Few systems have been specially designed to be similar in operation to a car park ticket machine. The driver simply parks in the EV charge point parking bay and, through the unit, payment is made either by a “per minute” or “per kWh” basis.
- Monthly/Yearly subscriptions
- Utilise a RFID member card that requires an app for a onetime payment per month or year, that gives a user an unlimited about of charge for that period through the organisations charge point network.
EV Charging Solutions are a Nottingham based consultant and installer of electric car charging stations that operate nationwide.
WEGO Couriers provide ‘Clean Air Delivery’ services across key UK cities.
Enterprise Car Club allows you to broaden your travel options by giving you access to a choice of new cars and vans parked locally to where […]
The University of Nottingham has 43,000 students, with 4 campuses in the UK, and has been recognised as the world’s greenest University…