A key part of the Go Ultra Low Nottingham programme is to offer a training and learning package to provide opportunities for shared learning, developing skills and through the development of CPD certified courses to help increase knowledge of Ultra Low Emission Vehicles to ensure they remain safe on the roads.
Go Ultra Low Nottingham will provide training and learning support ranging from introductions to ULEVs and how to use them all the way to providing fleet technicians with expertise in service, maintenance and repair. This will include:
- Help with driver familiarisation and staff awareness events for Electric Vehicle and Plug-in Electric Vehicles for businesses adopting ULEVs
- Online ‘How To Guides’ and video tutorials to help new drivers know how to start, charge and drive an Electric Vehicle
- Business masterclasses aimed at fleet managers, policy makers, sustainability staff and all those looking to reduce the cost and carbon intensity of their vehicles
- A Nottingham City Council CPD Certified Online Course on Low Carbon Vehicle Technology that provides a basic knowledge of powertrains, vehicles, charging, brands, range, price and the economic performance of ULEVs
- Service, maintenance and repair (SMR) courses offered to fleet technicians in partnership with Central College to help keep ULEVs on the road by creating a network of service providers for EV users across Nottingham
Local businesses have called for opportunities to share experiences and learn from similar organisations. A programme of “peer to peer” learning events will be developed to support the business community with adopting ULEVs. Information on some of the past events is available here
Over the summer 2016, Derby City Council (a partner in the Go Ultra Low Nottingham programme) led a procurement exercise to appoint a provider to deliver a programme of training and networking opportunities.
CleanTech Business and Cenex are being contracted as the selected delivery partner for this work and the programme will commence in autumn 2016.
Are you interested in attending a master class, or a SMR course? Do you have a good idea for a new training opportunity? Register your interest by emailing email@example.com.
Notts County FC Football in the Community (FITC) is a multi-award winning, independent community sports charity.
The University of Nottingham has 43,000 students, with 4 campuses in the UK, and has been recognised as the world’s greenest University…
WEGO Couriers provide ‘Clean Air Delivery’ services across key UK cities.
DG Private Hire Ltd, based in Nottingham, is the largest Private Hire Company in the East Midlands with over 700 vehicles.